Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What type of store would i find flex pvc pipe?

1. Back To Top    #1

What type of store would i find flex pvc pipe?

Also, is the size of a pipe measure by inside or outside diameter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: What type of store would i find flex pvc pipe?

Nearly all larger hardware stores such as Lowes, Home Depot or other similar stores carry flexible PVC. PVC is sized by internal diameter. Wall thickness is also standard so 1.5" PVC always has the same OD as well.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Central MD

Where are you planning to use it? I have it between pump and filter and from filter to return. Be advised that it tends to get "sucked flat" when used on the pressure side between your skimmer and pump intake. I like it as it lasts for years- unlike the cheap corrugated pool hoses. But I haven't yet found a good option for the supply side that doesn't flatten out under suction and reduce flow.
    24' Round Doughboy AG.
    Usually filled with 3 kids, the wife, and occasionally the dog.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Lynbrook, NY

I found this site Flexible PVC Pipes, Hose, Tubing Fittings at Great Prices With FREE Technical Support- #1 FlexPVC® Official Site

I ordered everything in black for my solar heating system
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons; Intex 12 inch Sand Filter Pump; Intex SWCG; Vinyl Works Fence; Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Intex 14 Inch Sand Filter Pump
    Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector controlled by Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235
    12 mil Clear Solar Blanket on SolarRoller; Aquabot Reaction

5. Back To Top    #5

SW Wisconsin

look for the white "sauna" flexible pvc hose....I have use it for years..and have NEVER seen it "suck flat"..the stuff is almost impossible to crush. I have it on both my skimmer/overflow and return line and it's going on 8 years now...still just as round as it was on day 1.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Butler, PA

I use the spa tubing as well, full sun all day and just this season changed the piece I have used for years because I adjusted my pad a bit and wanted a smaller piece. I saved the old piece it's in perfect condition. I now use it to deep clean my sand filter (I push it down in my sand bed and then drop my hose into it so I don't have to worry about catching the laterals moving the hose around).
    AGP: 27' x 52" : 17,500 gallon
    300 lb. Sand Filter (75 gpm) / 1.5 hp pump
    Full Sun ~ All Day

7. Back To Top    #7
    Sherman, Texas

i saw flex PVC "spa" tubing at Home Depot and Lowe's today. Lowe's was actually cheaper to my surprise. I am a Home Depot guy, but if Lowe's is cheaper then i will be getting mine from them.
    Pro Series 14' X 42"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter
    TF-100 Test Kit