Just bought a new Hayward SP1580X15, have a few questions

TheRev

Jun 21, 2015
North Providence, RI
Hello all,
Last year I was able to turn a black swamp into a sparkling oasis in about 2 weeks, including jumpstarting my old pump by spinning the shaft manually while turning it on.

HOWEVER....this year my pump is dead. I can't get it jumped, whatever. I found all this out after replacing the liner, and filling up the entire pool. So I've been keeping my chlorine levels super high while I ordered a new pump, the Hayward SP1580x15. It did not come with fittings, however I can make the "intake" with a sawzall and some new PVC fittings. My issue is going from the discharge into my DE filter. The new filter has a female threaded socket, and the hose from the filter is a little bigger than my 1.5", and has a flexible tube with a larger spinning nut attached on to it, that used to connect to the threaded male socket on my old filter.

I can make it work with some old discharge hoses and clamps, but was wondering if I should be going to a pool store to see if they have various fittings? I've been doing all my shopping for PVC stuff at Home Depot, and so far (and can still) make this all work my jimmyrigging it. Just wondering if anyone has information on this specific pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.