How do my numbers look?

May 26, 2013
Ottawa, On, Canada
FC 2.2 - I was sitting closer to 3 but when the temp went up this week it's fallen a bit. I turned up the generator and hopefully should be back to 3 or 4 soon

CC 0.2 - Looks OK to me

CYA 80 - I thought I was closer to 40. Good thing I bought some extra R-0013 and tested before I added any extra

Alk 90 - Looks ok but I don't want to go any higher

CH 100 - I'm told this is OK for a vinyl pool. Right?

PH 7.4 - I Had aerated this for 7.2 to 7.6 at the beginning of the year but it's dropped back down again. Is 7.4 ok o should I raise it a bit? Is aeration my only option if I don't want to increase my Alk? Last time it took a week and I needed to leave the solar blanket off so the pool was freezing

Salt 2900 - The generator recommends 3200 PPM so I might add another half bag and see what happens. Scared to put too much in.

Anything else I should worry about? In the past, I've had sudden green pools even though I thought I was on top of everything. I'd prefer not to repeat this year.

It looks like you have a handle on things.

The pH will rise slowly over time with the TA and SWG. Don't sweat it. The FC level is the one to watch. Better to run a little high than a little low. What's it cost you? A few cents in electricity a month? The pump is running already, right? That's the power hog.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.