I opened my pool on Saturday and the water was black and little worm looking things floating..thousands of them. I didnt panic, I started the shock process but this is my big mistake. When I closed the pool I had 50 CYA so I was shocking based on that number. I was consistently at 20-25 ppm of chlorine.
As of 2 days ago the water is now cleaner, I can see bottom but still cloudy. I also noticed that I was losing chlorine way faster than I would imagine based on previous experience, I tested CYA and it was 0!
Did I do any damage to my pool liner/equipment? That is was too high chlorine.
4-5 days of keeping 20-25 ppm at cya 0.