New pool owner bunch of questions

Jun 2, 2016
Pekin
We recently purchased a intex 24 ×52 intex pool, we upgraded to sand filter, right now water looks good, but I'm seeing sand in pool, also a ton of debris in pool , I clean it everyday it seems for hours.lol, should the filter clean some of that out? And noticing there's nothing in basket? I also noticed low flow coming out of the in outlet that comes into pool today, checked basket, and all connections and finally ended taking off the cover that went to sand pump and it was full of debris undetneath it,which was limiting the flow out, am I doing something wrong here?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You may have a couple things going on. To help us better, you should enter your equipment into your signature. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Some things you might want to consider are:
- When setting-up the new filter, did you fill it at least halfway with water first before dumping the sand in? If not, it's common that the weight of the sand displaces a lateral causing sand to slip right out into the pool.
- You may need to re-inspect all the laterals (fingers) to ensure they are secure to the stand-pipe tube
- Did you purchase sand specifically for pools? (#20 silica sand only)
- Have you been moving the multiport valve in the same direction only and ensuring the pump is turned OFF before turning the valve to a new position?

These are some things that come to mind. If you have any other descriptors that may help us, or if any of these items noted above help you, let us know.

Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.