Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot vs dolphin

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabot vs dolphin

I'm trying to decide which robotic cleaner to get. We have 3 large oak trees over our pool, so there are always leaves. I'm looking at both the aquabot T2 and the dolphin premier, and our pool is 40,000 gallons. Any recommendations?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquabot vs dolphin

I have owned both brands over the years, and now prefer Aquabot as their replacement treads, brushes, etc. tend to have a lower street price than those for Dolphin robots. Unfortunately the same can not be said for major components like motors, power supply boxes, etc.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

If you have a lot of leaves you do not want the Premier, which is what I have now. I suggest you look at the new Dolphon S300 series. Specifically look at how the basket and filters work.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just switched to the Polaris 9550 Sport. I previously had the Aquabot Bravo Fury. I just got the Polaris Today, however, I feel it has already done a better job cleaning the pool than the Aquabot Fury. I also like the debris canister vs the bag the Aquabot uses. It's easier to clean and when you remove the Polaris from the pool it doesn't let any debris fall back in. With the Aquabot, I always had to quickly pull it out of the pool and let it drain outside the pool because small dirt particles would fall back into the pool. Plus the Polaris has a remote, so if it does miss something, you could always direct it to the spot it missed.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the info! I've been through 2 Polaris' in 3 years! I refuse to spend money on them anymore, and that is why I'm looking at other brands.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeaux View Post
    Thanks for the info! I've been through 2 Polaris' in 3 years! I refuse to spend money on them anymore, and that is why I'm looking at other brands.
    I have the S300 and I think it's great, especially for lots of leaves. It has a capacious easy-to-clean basket:

Dolphin S-series - quick user guide - YouTube

Check out the video at 1:35.

This video is more exhaustive:

Maytronics Dolphin S300i Robotic Pool Cleaner Unboxing, Use and Review - YouTube
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeaux View Post
    Out of curiosity, which model did you have, and what went wrong with them?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    I have owned both brands over the years, and now prefer Aquabot as their replacement treads, brushes, etc. tend to have a lower street price than those for Dolphin robots. Unfortunately the same can not be said for major components like motors, power supply boxes, etc.
    I was scoping out replacement parts for the current generation of Dolphins and the prices have dropped appreciably (replacement motors excepted).

Maytronics Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner Replacement Parts | Marina Pool Spa & Patio
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

9. Back To Top    #9

I've owned MANY...and the Dolphin wins hands down over the Aquabot. I have the Dolphin Diagnostic for my 33ft AGP..and it works like a champ..it'll pick up leaves, twigs, pinecones, etc. and climbs the wall to the water line to clean.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by smiticans View Post
    Out of curiosity, which model did you have, and what went wrong with them?
    They were the sport 9400 or whichever number. We replaced probably 5 wheels, went through 3 motors, before my pool company got Polaris to give us a new one that has already lost its scrubbing brush and now something else is wrong with it. They wouldn't warranty this one. Not to mention the debris baskets are junk and come apart quick (we've been through probably 5 of those). Will not own another Polaris!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks everyone, it looks like I'm going to go with the dolphin s300. Appreciate the help!

11. Back To Top    #11

Love my Dolphin s300i!
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir