Can I use Bioguard "Scale Inhibitor" with my baquacil pool?

Jul 20, 2014
Berks County, PA
Hi,

I opened up to scale this spring, and so I just ordered this product and now my pool store is telling me it is not compatible with biguanide. Is this true? I looked at the label closely and it says the product is for chlorine and bromine pools. So does this mean I can't use it for my pool? The product the pool store is recommending to get rid of scale is SoftSwim's Stain Control. Isn't that more for metal staining and prevention?

Thanks
Keith

You will find that TFP is more chlorine and changing from baquacil to chlorine. I think you should call the company that made the product and ask them. Good luck!

Kim:cat:

Hi,

Yes...I'm well familiar with the mission and goals of TFP, including the strong inclination towards chlorine over biguanide, but was merely looking for some chemical advice with regards to this product, especially since there are people here who would know whether or not the product is compatible just be checking out the ingredients. I will contact bioguard also, however. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.