Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I use Bioguard "Scale Inhibitor" with my baquacil pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I use Bioguard "Scale Inhibitor" with my baquacil pool?

Hi,

I opened up to scale this spring, and so I just ordered this product and now my pool store is telling me it is not compatible with biguanide. Is this true? I looked at the label closely and it says the product is for chlorine and bromine pools. So does this mean I can't use it for my pool? The product the pool store is recommending to get rid of scale is SoftSwim's Stain Control. Isn't that more for metal staining and prevention?

Thanks
    Keith
    12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I use Bioguard "Scale Inhibitor" with my baquacil pool?

You will find that TFP is more chlorine and changing from baquacil to chlorine. I think you should call the company that made the product and ask them. Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Can I use Bioguard "Scale Inhibitor" with my baquacil pool?

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    You will find that TFP is more chlorine and changing from baquacil to chlorine. I think you should call the company that made the product and ask them. Good luck!

Kim

Hi,

Yes...I'm well familiar with the mission and goals of TFP, including the strong inclination towards chlorine over biguanide, but was merely looking for some chemical advice with regards to this product, especially since there are people here who would know whether or not the product is compatible just be checking out the ingredients. I will contact bioguard also, however. Thanks.
    12,000 gal. Anthony IG pool; 3 ft. shallow end to 6 ft. deep end; Built 1989; Renovated July 2014 using a 10-part unexposed quartz plaster aggregate of 3 S-grade Blue, 3 S-grade Gray, 2 T-grade Blue, 2 T-grade Gray; Apollo VA-52 DE Filter; Hayward SP-2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Single Speed; Jandy AE-Ti Heat Pump; Taylor K-2006 Test Kit