Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member

1. Back To Top    #1

I have been a pool owner for approximately 9 years, converting to a salt generator 3 years ago. My husband and I both admit to being "chemically challenged" but end up somehow with a clear pool eventually by the grace of God! We open swamp green every year, probably spend way too much on chemicals and usually feel like we waste half of them. The salt generator has been a blessing because once everything is cleaned, balanced and clear, it takes very little to maintain. Our pool is an 18 x 36 in-ground liner pool with a sand filter. We live in the Northeast so it's a relatively short swim season (June, July and August....and a very small part of May and September if we're lucky) but we love our pool and wouldn't trade it for anything!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Member

Welcome! Going to Pool School here will surely help you maintain a pristine pool. Once armed with knowledge, you're sure to get the most out of your swim season.
    16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP Tina! We're glad you found us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!