Does an Aquabot grow old?

dpdeleon

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
NJ
Greetings,
It seems like it's been about 5 or so years since I've purchased my aquabot turbo t2. Last year the problems began. I had my electrical cord replaced because it was so wound I couldn't run my 'bot' anymore. Well, I got a summer out of it. Now this year it seems that my 'bot' is sluggish and just doesn't have what it takes anymore. The tech guy says nothing is wrong but when I place it in my pool it stays in a well defined area and it doesn't climb the walls anymore. I replaced the bag/belts this year and the bag is empty so there's nothing weighing it down.

Does the motor start to fade on the aquabots after a few years?

thanks,
- dpd

Everything grows old. Have you checked all the rolling parts to make sure nothing is gummed up?

If it is the motor, they can be replaced.

Aquabot Repair, Replacing the motor

Thanks for the reply. I've had it in for service at my local place and I brought it aquabot. Both say it's running fine. I know it's not. Replacing the drive motor is a $400 job and I put about $350 into it last year for a new power cord. I figure it's time to just trash it and buy something new.
- dpd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.