Did they install equipment properly?

flipr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2015
Punta Gorda, FL (SW FL)
Signature should show my pool specifics, but I'm wondering if this is installed properly.

Pentair 2 spd pump, but we only ever use high speed. 1.5 hp WFDS-26 pump. I was told solar heat only works on high speed, and the Pentair IC 40 is wired onto the high speed only.
We have been running pump 6 hours during the day at high speed and SWG doesn't seem to keep up, but swg doesn't even power on at low speed on the pump.
I think the pump is 3450 rpm at high, and 1725 at low.

I do have digital intermatic timer that will allow multiple events at both high and low speed, but we haven't been using the low speed at all.

The 'flow' reading in the IC40 manual seems to indicate that it might work at low speed, but it wasn't wired to come on that way. There is nothing other than the cell LED's, the power cord connects to a sealed electrical box, no automation or readouts of any kind.

How can I test my flow rate going thru the SWG connection? I'd like to take advantage of lower electric costs if I can.
It seems the only thing I get at low speed is filtering, as even the pool cleaner needs high speed to run.
Maybe I didn't ask enough questions when they installed everything last July?

Thanks much, appreciate the suggestions

the SWG "may" work on low speed but you would have to move the wires from where they are now to the low speed side on the controller and test it... I run my SWG on low at all times and only use high 1 hour a day.. I am not sure if low would run your solar, have you tried it?

The actuator for solar is also wired to high side, I've got them coming out next week to see what can be done as options. Now with hot weather coming to FLorida, I can live without solar on for so long, but need the SWG sanitizing. Thanks for suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.