Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot in Vegas. New Water Chemicals???

1. Back To Top    #1
    Las Vegas, NV

Cool Hot in Vegas. New Water Chemicals???

Hello from Las Vegas. I had started to redo/repaint my "Chalky" pool last week and forgot to look at the weather for this one. 105 for today and 110 for the weekend. Got the prescribed acid/TSP/Water/TSP/Water wash done yesterday and started to patch and paint last night. It's going good and I should be getting the second coat done tonight. Looks good though. Curing should be done by Monday.

Question: When I refill,,,What are the standard Chemical Guidelines for the new water. What Chemicals should I expect to buy for the water???
    Thanks, and what an informative site!!!!!
    Las Vegas NV, 20000 In ground , Anthony Pool built in 1978. Sand Filter. New Paint in 2016. Unheated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Hot in Vegas. New Water Chemicals???

Welcome to TFP!

Step 1 order a TF100 from
    Step 2 add 30 ppm stabilizer in a sock, more here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals, use Poolmath to calculate dose
    Step 3 add 3 ppm FC by adding 8.25% bleach or 10-12% liquid chlorine, see chemical page for more info, use Poolmath to calculate dose
    Step 4 adjust your PH to 7.6 if you have a PH test. Wait if you don't.
    Step 5 post test results when the kit arrives
    Step 6 read this, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Step 7 read this, Pool School - Getting Started
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Hot in Vegas. New Water Chemicals???

Hello Gordon and welcome to TFP. Along with the TF-100, consider adding the "Speed Stir" to that order. You won't regret it. Rancho Class of '81.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!