Starting Over

Welcome to TFP!

Step 1 order a TF100 from TFTestkits.net
Step 2 add 30 ppm stabilizer in a sock, more here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals, use Poolmath to calculate dose
Step 3 add 3 ppm FC by adding 8.25% bleach or 10-12% liquid chlorine, see chemical page for more info, use Poolmath to calculate dose
Step 4 adjust your PH to 7.6 if you have a PH test. Wait if you don't.
Step 5 post test results when the kit arrives
Step 6 read this, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Step 7 read this, Pool School - Getting Started

I went out and bought a Taylor test kit from Leslie's that measures everything that the pool school recommended including the cya test will that work or do I need to return it and buy the tf100

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Calcium hardness can be raised with calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate. They are available in some areas as Peladow, Dowflake, Tetra Flake, or Tetra 94, often sold as a deicer by hardware stores, and some big box stores, in colder climates. Pool stores will carry either calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate under a variety of names, including Hardness Plus, Balance Pak 300, Calcium Hardness Increaser, etc. Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool. Some ACE Hardware stores carry the HTH Calcium Plus in 4.5lb containers.

And don't forget, depending on how much CH you need to increase, you can always use Cal-Hypo ... 2 birds with one stone (FC & CH). :)