HELP!!! New Build With Wrong Return Location

Mar 31, 2016
Long Island, NY
We're in the process of building a vinyl lined pool with poured concrete walls. We are through excavation and the walls have been poured. The PB just took the forms off this morning and it turns out that one of the returns is on the wrong wall. We need to move that return to the correct wall. The walls are 10" thick and the piping for the returns was set in the forms prior to pouring the concrete walls.

So, what are my options here? I assume the PB can drill through the 10" wall of concrete on the correct wall for the return to be placed in the correct location. But what about the return already set when they poured the concrete? Do they pull out the piping and fill the whole new new cement? Or should i just keep the extra return? Is this is a big deal? It seems like a major screw up to me, but I may be over-reacting.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Before you get too upset, it's possible they erred on the side of improvement. How many returns and skimmers are there, and can you MS Paint a diagram of how they are now?

It's a 20x40 rectangle and the PB admitted that the foreman put the return in the wrong place. Sorry, not pictures/drawings right now...but on one 40' wall, we have a skimmer in the deep end and a return in the shallow end. On the other 40' wall, we have the opposite, a skimmer in the shallow end and we're supposed to have a return in the deep end. We also have returns on the 20' walls, but there is an extra return on one 20' wall in the deep end. So we need to move the extra return from the 20' to the 40' wall.

This is an admitted screw-up that needs to be changed. I just want to know that the change isn't that big of a deal.

Thanks in advance!

It's not that big of a deal. Your PB should be able to fix it so you will never even know it happened. Enjoy your build and build a good relationship with your PB.....People screw up on the job everyday in every profession. It's how you handle the fix that is important and it should be a no brainer for him.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.