Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex floating skimmer on summer waves RX1000 problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex floating skimmer on summer waves RX1000 problem

Considering this is our 1st attempt at trying to maintain a pool, we're going as cheap as possible until we have it down. With that said, we got a summer waves RX1000 pump. Saw the floating skimmer by Intex, so decided to give that a try to make maintaining the floating debris easier. Well, the fitting that is supposed to connect to the intake part doesn't fit. At least I don't think it does. Tried twisting the part of the intake cover in the water off and that thing doesn't move. Tried fitting the screw fitting with the skimmer over that intake part and it's too small. Are they not compatible?
    18x48 Intex easy set, 5,400 gal, used and free! Summer escapes rx1000 pump at 1075 gph. This is my 1st attempt at a pool so please cut me some slack.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex floating skimmer on summer waves RX1000 problem

Ok, never mind. Seems like it sucks anyway. Was able to make it work if I held the fitting there, but it wasn't any good. Actually sucked in more air then water and really tiny pieces of debris was sucked in, but grass and stuff just floated on by. You can still answer for other people, but I'm gonna take it back.
    18x48 Intex easy set, 5,400 gal, used and free! Summer escapes rx1000 pump at 1075 gph. This is my 1st attempt at a pool so please cut me some slack.