Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Slide Question! **Help please**

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Slide Question! **Help please**

Hi I'm new to this group. I bought my home with an in ground pool and had no idea what I was getting into. There's not many pool people where I live so we had to figure this all out. We finally got it up and running and we are working on finishing the slide I was trying to figure out how the water goes to the slide and realized it can be through a hose or some type of piping to the return. There is this pipe looking thing under the slide with I think a hose connected. It has a cap on it and I'm not sure if that means the pipe is for the slide. Does anyone know what this is? Should I take the cap off? Any help appreciated. This is under our slide.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Pool Slide Question! **Help please**

I suspect you are right. What I don't know is why there are two pipes instead of just one.

Maybe this reply will this up and someone who has a slide can answer.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Re: Pool Slide Question! **Help please**

Could one be pulling water from the pool (suction) and the other being a return (from the filter) line? That would be one powerful slide! I am not an equipment person so that's a guess.

My slide has a flexible hose from the return line which connects from the decking to the top of the slide. There is also a shut-off valve at shoulder-height so you can turn the slide on and off without going to the equipment pad.

I'm not sure any of that helps, but it could be a further bump if not.

Good job on all your hard work!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.