Well Started the conversion Yesterday... The pool guy did anyway!!
CH = 60
He dumped in 6- 1.5 gallon jugs of Bleach. saw a little green but nothing significant. Had the water tested at the pool store and the FC was 15. Woke up this morning and added 3 more 1.5 gallon jugs of Bleach. Didn't seem to get a really significant amount of chlorine.. and no pretty colors. So off to the store i went.
3 hours later.... Dumped in another 3 jugs...tested chlorine after scrubbing the pool walls... seemed to have really low levels of FC...... .5 on the color coded window... (hope I'm reading this right.... (would that be 5ppm???) the booklet said this measures up to 50ppm so i assumed the 5(highest number) was 50ppm?? so i dumped in another 3 bottles...Saw a light murky green(not bad) still minimal FC but bright pink reading on the CC!!! So i hit it with another 3 bottles... (6 -1.5 gallon jugs) .. At this point I started second guessing myself.
Did another FC test and seemed to come up with a very small amount.... but and fc seemed really really hight... started wondering if the testing agents were bleaching out because of High Chlorine levels... YUP!
Diluted the water sample by half with neutral water and looks like FC =.5 x2 = 1 10ppm??? TC =3 or 4 x 2 = 6-8
Did a double check by diluting the mix 1 part pool water 3 parts neutral water.. and zipp for FC and TC =1.5 (15ppm right?) So i have lots and lots of chlorine in the pool!!!!
WHAT DO I DO??? Add more??? or wait? seems like a little too much chlorine in the pool!
16x32 AG (15000gal)/ sand filter