Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leveling of grround via plywood

1. Back To Top    #1

Leveling of grround via plywood

I am trying to improve the leving of my ground. Someone one suggested to put the pool on plywood/deck
    and that would make it level.

So would that work ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leveling of grround via plywood

It depends on the size of your pool. Is it a permanent pool, or a small seasonal one? If moisture gets underneath the pool and keeps the wood wet it's going to start decaying. I would recommend putting it on solid ground.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

You're talking a whole lot of weight. The plywood would have to be supported by some pretty substantial framing.

Even the smallest intex easy set holds 3,854 L. Add a few people and the pump and you're over 4000 kilos. Would you park a full-sized Ford Transit van on what you're considering?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the Advice. When I level the ground the first time. I thought it was a little bit off,
    but it appears im further off then i thought. I think the plan would be too add more dirt to the low level. The Dirt is covered by a black tarp, which is covered by artifical grass which is covered by pool liner/foam and the pool sits on that.

5. Back To Top    #5

If you add dirt to the low side you have to compact it very well or it will settle. And it will probably settle anyway. It is better to dig down the high side to bring it level with the low side.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you. I was going to as that exact question. So thank you for reading my mind

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by chanansiegel View Post
    Thank you. I was going to as that exact question. So thank you for reading my mind
    LOL! We try!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach