Headed to Stenner from SWG....Question on Location of Tank

Jul 28, 2007
Wabash, IN
Morning!

I am planning to install, like many on this site, a Stenner and tank to replace my SWG. I have it all figured out except for the placement of the tank and pump. I have a pool house that is directly behind my pool equipment. Has anyone installed in a shed or building? I will be about 7 feet from my injection point inside the building. I can eliminate the sun, heat and weather issue with the chlorine and Stenner.

Any advice is appreciated.

Brian

Any kind of a leak is always a bigger deal when its inside rather than outside. As long as someone keeps an eye on it, then it should be OK. Will the 7 ft. run be underground, or protected from people accidentally kicking it, etc?

Here I thought folks are generally happy with SWG and stick with them (?).

Any kind of a leak is always a bigger deal when its inside rather than outside. As long as someone keeps an eye on it, then it should be OK. Will the 7 ft. run be underground, or protected from people accidentally kicking it, etc?

Here I thought folks are generally happy with SWG and stick with them (?).

I will protect the tubing in conduit where it exits the building to the pad, about 2 feet.

Loved my SWG for the first few years and then continual issues with the control board and cell have been a real pain. I have been using the TFP method for a couple of years manually adding chlorine and it is just too easy. The Stenner will simplify the dosing.

Regarding the conduit incase you aren't aware PVC is extremely workable when heated with a heat gun or torch and retains whatever shape you put it in when cool, that can save you having to buy a lot of fittings to get the exact placement you want, makes fishing the feed tube in easier too. You can even go so far as to position the conduit to drain back into the tank should the Stenner tube ever fail on the pressure side and cause a leak. As long as any potential leak either goes outside or back to the tank it's just bleach it's not like you have to call a hasmat team for a spill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.