Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Headed to Stenner from SWG....Question on Location of Tank

1. Back To Top    #1

Headed to Stenner from SWG....Question on Location of Tank

Morning!

I am planning to install, like many on this site, a Stenner and tank to replace my SWG. I have it all figured out except for the placement of the tank and pump. I have a pool house that is directly behind my pool equipment. Has anyone installed in a shed or building? I will be about 7 feet from my injection point inside the building. I can eliminate the sun, heat and weather issue with the chlorine and Stenner.

Any advice is appreciated.

Brian
    18'x38' IG Vinyl Lined, 29,000 Gallon, Goldline controls, SWCG, Coverstar Auto Cover.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Headed to Stenner from SWG....Question on Location of Tank

Any kind of a leak is always a bigger deal when its inside rather than outside. As long as someone keeps an eye on it, then it should be OK. Will the 7 ft. run be underground, or protected from people accidentally kicking it, etc?

Here I thought folks are generally happy with SWG and stick with them (?).
    20x35 in-ground oval. Wet Edge Luna Quartz finish. Hayes Super Pump with AO Smith V-Green 165 VS motor. Polaris 380. Enersol solar heating with automatic controller. Automated chlorination with Stenner pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just finished installing mine in the shed. It's directly behind the pool equipment so the injection port is only about 3 feet.
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Poolray View Post
    Any kind of a leak is always a bigger deal when its inside rather than outside. As long as someone keeps an eye on it, then it should be OK. Will the 7 ft. run be underground, or protected from people accidentally kicking it, etc?

Here I thought folks are generally happy with SWG and stick with them (?).
    I will protect the tubing in conduit where it exits the building to the pad, about 2 feet.

Loved my SWG for the first few years and then continual issues with the control board and cell have been a real pain. I have been using the TFP method for a couple of years manually adding chlorine and it is just too easy. The Stenner will simplify the dosing.
    18'x38' IG Vinyl Lined, 29,000 Gallon, Goldline controls, SWCG, Coverstar Auto Cover.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Regarding the conduit incase you aren't aware PVC is extremely workable when heated with a heat gun or torch and retains whatever shape you put it in when cool, that can save you having to buy a lot of fittings to get the exact placement you want, makes fishing the feed tube in easier too. You can even go so far as to position the conduit to drain back into the tank should the Stenner tube ever fail on the pressure side and cause a leak. As long as any potential leak either goes outside or back to the tank it's just bleach it's not like you have to call a hasmat team for a spill.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!