Prep new plumbing for future DIY solar

Jul 14, 2014
New York
I am having a SWG installed by a professional and would like them to plumb my system for a future DIY solar project.

I am putting in a Pentair Easytouch with IC40 SWG. For the DIY solar project, I Plan to purchase an above ground system and just feed low pressure water through it directly back into the pool bypassing the SWG (between gas heater and SWG). To do this, should I put in a T with a 2-way valve, or a 3-way valve? I think the 2-way valve may be better so I can better control the flow with how far it is opened by the Pentair actuator, and not close out the main return to the pool by accident. This setup currently exists, but with a cheap valve installed by the previous homeowner that has a garden hose connected.

The order should be filter, solar, gas heater then swg. Generally those are either on or off. Both the heater and solar are volume based you want as much flow as possible to move as much heat as they can generate to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.