Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A HAPPY HELLO from Stanfield, NC!

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool A HAPPY HELLO from Stanfield, NC!

Hello everyone. I just registered on here. I have been a pool owner for over 15 years and have learned a lot about pool maintenance in those years. I have always been able to keep our pool clear and properly balanced without any major problems. Unfortunately, I've had a few health issues that prevented me from being vigilant with the pool maintenance recently. I gave the task to my husband. He did his best, but was unable to keep up. So this year, upon start-up, we had a really bad green/mustard algae issue. Our first time ever. OMG! Let me just say, as i'm sure most of you know, algae is much easier to prevent than get rid of! Thanks to this WONDERFUL website, I found the SLAMing process, and in about 7 days, I was able to get my pool back to crystal clear and balanced. I also used/use the pool math calculator. LOVE IT! I didn't come out totally unscathed however. We have staining on the plaster and a good bit of pitting. I am working on raising the CYA level. (The pool is due for a re-plaster. Can't afford it though.) But anyway, A BIG THANK-YOU to Trouble Free Pool!
    17 x 34ft, 23,800 gallons, Anthony & Sylvan 15year old, Gunite/Plaster. 60sq ft. Pentair DE filter, 1 hp Whisperflo pump, pressure side cleaner (ray-vac)
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A HAPPY HELLO from Stanfield, NC!

And we're very happy to have you with us! Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I see you have the k2005 test kit. Did you do an OCLT to make sure you killed everything? I'd hate to see you have to start over if you couldn't perform the last crucial step to end a SLAM.

Welcome to TFP
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone! Casey, I didn't do an OCLT, but I will now. Thanks for the heads-up
    17 x 34ft, 23,800 gallons, Anthony & Sylvan 15year old, Gunite/Plaster. 60sq ft. Pentair DE filter, 1 hp Whisperflo pump, pressure side cleaner (ray-vac)
    Taylor K-2005 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

Nice work clearing up your pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach