Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Setting up my Skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Setting up my Skimmer

I am setting up my pool for the first time. \It came wirth A SFS Typs pool filter system"skimmer".
    I am having some questions while trying to put the pieces together, I prefer videos. But all the videos talk about a motor this one came with an Adaptor.
    does any one have a good video on putting this type of skimmer together, or would someone be able to walk me through the process. So i can do it right the first time.
    As the diagrams photos are not so clear .

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Setting up my Skimmer

I confess I've never seen one of these before and I can't find the manual online. Maybe this will bump it and someone familiar can help you
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know if anyone will have videos of it, but if you can post a picture of what you have, I'm sure we can help you get it hooked up.

Having said that, It looks as though it's a skimmer with a filter in it.

What exactly are you having problems with?

It appears that you put the adapter in the bottom and hook the pump suction hose to it. Then you would hook the return hose from the pump to the return fitting on the pool. The filter and basket just drop in the top of the skimmer body.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a copy of the manual for it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You might consider PM'ing "Cowboy Casey". Casey is our resident AGP guru and has many tricks up his sleeve - along with great pics.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!