Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 speed pump noise?

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Louisiana

2 speed pump noise?

Well it is 2:10 am, and I am laying here and can't sleep, so of course I am thinking about the pool. I was just wondering if it is common for 2 speed pumps to make the droning whiirrrwhiiirrrwhiirrrr sound like mine does when set to low (the sound repeats 1 or 2 times per second, not loud, just rarrr rarrr rarrr sort of noise) or if it is just some off harmonic of my plumbing setup?

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2
    Benton, KY

Re: 2 speed pump noise?

It's 3:11, and I'm trying to drag through the last 3 hours of work. My 2 speed pump doesn't hardly make a sound on low. You can hear a little hum from the motor, and the slightly louder churning of the water while standing right next to it. Can't hear it at all from about 10-15ft away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    33K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100XL