Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you TFP. First SLAM going smoothly.

1. Back To Top    #1

Gilbert, AZ

Thank you TFP. First SLAM going smoothly.

It happened. We went on vacation for a week so I put a floater with a puck in it... came home to find an algae bloom... bummer. (Maybe I closed it too much or the puck is old and less Chlorine or something) Regardless, I started the SLAM according to the directions. Crystal clear water again less than two days later and the chlorine use has really dropped off so hoping for a positive overnight test tonight to hopefully go back to normal. Next time I better just teach a friend to measure and pour each day for me.

Anyway... so glad I found this resource. The pool is so much better than what I started with last year when we bought the house and me a newbie to pool ownership. We love our pool! And TFP makes it easy!
    ~11,200 gallon in-ground, built ??, pebble tec, hayward 1hp single speed pump on timer, hayward 3025 cartridge filter, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Thank you TFP. First SLAM going smoothly.

Nice work! Also bump your FC up to shock level next vaca.

Please consider supporting TFP, there are lots of nifty fringe benefits!
    More here, CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Good to hear that you were able to hit it right away and get back on track quickly. So much easier when you understand it and have effective methods to use.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tallahassee, FL

That is awesome to hear! Just so you know the pucks do not go bad like liquid chlorine does but they do add less FC and take some time to do it.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!