Now house , old pool , cloudy water

Jmh618

Jun 2, 2016
Alton , il
New house , old pool , no cover

Bought a new house in the fall with an above ground pool that was not running and green . Threw a cover on it that was left here for the winter and pulled my plugs . Had a company come out To "open" my pool . I believe they just dumped shock Into it and a chlorine floater . Now it has been cloudy for a week . Added shock again Saturday after calling the pool Company again . Should a pool take this long to clear up ? I've been back flushing my sand filter at least once a day after seeing my return water slow down a lot . Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a place with an above ground pool in the fall . Pool was not running and had no cover on it . Water was extra green . Had a colon come "open" it last week. Now the pool is still cloudy after they added shock and a chlorine floater . I backwash my sand filter at least once a day . Should it take this long to clear up , I Havnt really seen much improvement with clarity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

We need to see a full set of test results from one of the recommended test kits to offer much advice.

To clear up a pool, you should follow the SLAM process, see Pool School (outside of tapatalk).

had a test ran at the pool place
fac- 21.02
tc 21.02
ph 7.1
total alk (input) 41
total alk (adjusted) 22
they gave me 10 lbs of alkaliity plus to put in and said that would clear it up. the pool had cleared up alot in the past couple of days

another thing i'm trying to figure out is how to take my weir door off to vaccuum. no tabs or screws to remove it so i'm clueless

Welcome to TFP

We generally don't trust pool store testing and often find it to be worth the price you paid for their free testing.

We advocate testing your own water with a good test kit as mentioned above. The key number that is missing in those results above is your CYA. The amount of chlorine you need in your pool is dependent upon that number.

You shouldn't need to take the door off to vacuum. I'm not familiar with your setup but with my skimmer plate on the hose, after filling the hose with water, I attach my skimmer plate to the skimmer from above deck and not through skimmer opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.