Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone have experience with a Whisperflo pump in an AG pool ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone have experience with a Whisperflo pump in an AG pool ?

Thinking about installing a Pentair Whisperflo pump on an 18 x 33 oval AG pool.. Using a Hayward sand filter. And typical single skimmer , single return AG system.

I just love the quietness of the Whisperflo and the reputation for dependability.

Currently using a Hayward 1 hp superlfo lx.. An after experimentation ; am happy with the 1hp size... Not overpowering but strong enough to create good circulation when needed.

Was thinking about using a 3/4 hp Whisperflo but thought a 1/2 hp may be equivalent to the Hayward 1hp..

I really want to size this right.

Did anyone try this?

What size Whisperflo would equal the Hayward 1hp superflo LX ?

Thank you !

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone have experience with a Whisperflo pump in an AG pool ?

Welcome to TFP!

A Whisperflo is likely overkill as they are large pumps. If you want quiet, get a 2 speed motor and put it on your existing pump and run on low
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Anyone have experience with a Whisperflo pump in an AG pool ?

Well.. after being steered away by pool dealers and so on.... After finding that the Whisper flow is a hard wire unit and didn't seem to come with a regular plug; .. I installed a 2 speed Pentair Optiflo pump.... My worst fears came true... It is too loud ! ... When on high speed, I can hear it from over 100 feet away and traveling from the opposite side of the pool. It is not loud at 100 feet away... But you can hear it distinctly... From 50 feet away... It is annoying... I starting to think I should have gotten the Pentair Whisper flo...

When the Optiflo is on low speed... Then it IS nice and quiet... I can hear the wind blowing through the trees if I am located at 50 feet away and opposite side of pool location. Now I will just have to see if the low speed provides adequate filtration.. Stay tuned..

I find it amazing how a 2 speed pump is considered such an advancement in the pool industry.. How long have we had 2 speed fans?

Is it so hard to make the pumps quiet? Even having an on / off switch on the pump is made to seem lavish.

I think its a matter of time that a quality pump comes out of Japan or Germany or China... What a shame...... Hope it happens soon.