Chino Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Thought I would share a few photos of our new pool. Water is just now starting to warm up.

The stain on the concrete to the left of the hot tub is from the salt water when getting out. I think we should have rinsed it down after each use. We are now doing this but the colored concrete is discolored at that area. Hopefully it will wash out over time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 748
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 735
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 734
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 733
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 736
A few more pictures.

I hope the dark spots eventually go away in the concrete. The PB sad it could take up to a year to look like the rest of the concrete.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 730
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 731
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 724
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 730
Nice pool, but for the amount of $ you put into it why didn't you get the in floor cleaning system?

Also did your builder mention sealing the decking to prevent the saltwater stain? My builder advised me to seal mine prior to the salt conversion which will protect the surface and extend the life.

We have a friend with in ground cleaners at the bottom of their pool and he said it was a waste of money and wish he never got them. Not to mention looking at all of them at the bottom of their pool is not as clean as a pool with out. So far since the pool opened I hardly get anything in the pool. The leaves tend to go to the front of our house and stay there, at least since we moved in last July.

As far as sealing my PB said not to seal the concrete. He mentioned that sealing is only required on stamped concrete and that it becomes a slip hazard when wet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.