Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Before and after pictures of our new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Before and after pictures of our new pool

Thought I would share a few photos of our new pool. Water is just now starting to warm up.

The stain on the concrete to the left of the hot tub is from the salt water when getting out. I think we should have rinsed it down after each use. We are now doing this but the colored concrete is discolored at that area. Hopefully it will wash out over time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (74.9 KB, 739 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (85.2 KB, 726 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (76.3 KB, 725 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (68.5 KB, 721 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (73.4 KB, 724 views)
    30,000 Gallon Pool IG (Pool 18' X 38' / Spa 7' X 7') - Pentair IC40 SWG - (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST Pump - Pentair DE FNS-Plus 60 Filter - Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater - Pentair Easytouch 8 - Pentair Electronic valves - Pentair 5G Color LED Pool/Spa Lights - Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue - Auto Fill/Over Flow - Taylor K-2006C - Completion 3/2016.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Before and after pictures of our new pool

A few more pictures.

I hope the dark spots eventually go away in the concrete. The PB sad it could take up to a year to look like the rest of the concrete.
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (84.2 KB, 723 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (80.2 KB, 724 views)
    • File Type: jpg 11.jpg (75.8 KB, 717 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (98.1 KB, 724 views)
    30,000 Gallon Pool IG (Pool 18' X 38' / Spa 7' X 7') - Pentair IC40 SWG - (1) Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST Pump - Pentair DE FNS-Plus 60 Filter - Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater - Pentair Easytouch 8 - Pentair Electronic valves - Pentair 5G Color LED Pool/Spa Lights - Pebble Sheen Mini Tahoe Blue - Auto Fill/Over Flow - Taylor K-2006C - Completion 3/2016.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice pool, but for the amount of $ you put into it why didn't you get the in floor cleaning system?

Also did your builder mention sealing the decking to prevent the saltwater stain? My builder advised me to seal mine prior to the salt conversion which will protect the surface and extend the life.
    20K gallon IG Ultra Poz plaster, AutoPilot SWG.
    DE Quad filter, Pentair pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

We have a friend with in ground cleaners at the bottom of their pool and he said it was a waste of money and wish he never got them. Not to mention looking at all of them at the bottom of their pool is not as clean as a pool with out. So far since the pool opened I hardly get anything in the pool. The leaves tend to go to the front of our house and stay there, at least since we moved in last July.

As far as sealing my PB said not to seal the concrete. He mentioned that sealing is only required on stamped concrete and that it becomes a slip hazard when wet.

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Nice pool!
    Thank you.

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Very nice!

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice! I especially like the water fall/sheer that comes out of the hot tub.
    BNilsen2693 -- 30K Gallon In-ground , Pebble Tec, 55' at the longest, 24' at the widest, 8' at the deepest, Pentair FNSP60 DE Filter, Polaris Sweeper running off a booster pump. TF-100 Test Kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by BNilsen2693 View Post
    Nice! I especially like the water fall/sheer that comes out of the hot tub.
    Thanks, we wanted to be able to jump into the deep end so we raised the hot tub and did a spillway.

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

I love all that deck space!!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks!

Here is our latest for entertaining this summer in the evenings. The picture quality in person is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grfz_jDXf_g