Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How many of you have fell in the pool while cleaning?

1. Back To Top    #1

How many of you have fell in the pool while cleaning?

I wonder because i almost did today not paying attention to the ladder. I have yet to but waiting for the day
    36,000 Gallon, 40x20 IG, Vinyl, Hayward S- 200 Sand Filter, 300,000 MasterTemp heater, 1hp Superpump, Polaris 9550 sport, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How many of you have fell in the pool while cleaning?

Almost. The collar on my extendable pole was loose when I was brushing, I leaned forward on it and it gave way ... almost took a dive.
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I have.... it was great!
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

How many of you have fell in the pool while cleaning?

I once fell in my pool in January a few years back. The week had been very cold so the water temp was ~38F and the air temp was ~45F. I fell in fully clothed so it took a few seconds for the water saturate my clothes. Once it did, I have to say it was one of the coldest moments I have ever experienced. I ran into the house and immediately took a warm shower.

I became an unofficial member of The Polar Bear Club that day!
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

If you don't mind swear words or can turn your sound off, google: "youtube man falls cleaning pool" for a video that includes an alternate 'slam' and more evidence that TFP swimming pool cleaning methods are superior!
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

6. Back To Top    #6

Maybe, but there are no YouTube vids so you can't prove it. I will say that I take my cell phone outta my pocket around the pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Cost me $300 the year before last. I fell in while pressure washing around the pool. My phone died a slow, agonizing death over the next several days due to the salt corrosion on the motherboard.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

I "fall in" all of the time while I am mowing hehe Of course I have to get off the mower to "fall in" then jump back on to finish.

We do have a NO cell phones on the pool deck rule though!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I have not only fallen in while cleaning a pool...but it was a gross GREEN pool I was helping a friend rescue.

Don't even have a clever equipment excuse! I was kneeling at the side, pouring in bleach, and just...fell in. Duhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just...ewwwwww.

-Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

10. Back To Top    #10

I've fallen in twice, once almost taking a wheelbarrow full of dirt with me. The second time showing my kids a corn snake wife now threatening to install safety railings
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

11. Back To Top    #11

It's just like when I'm in my boat; I never fall in, but I do occasionally decide to go swimming on the spur of the moment!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

12. Back To Top    #12

I have fell... On purpose... 😊

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by johnt View Post
    it's just like when i'm in my boat; i never fall in, but i do occasionally decide to go swimming on the spur of the moment!
    good one!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

I took a dump in last year. First time in 10 years.
    18x40x26 IG True L shape | Jandy Ei SWG | Hayward SP2607x10 Pump| Century UST1102 1HP motor | Hayward S244T filter | SmartPool WWS601P Solar panels 2'x20' Quantity 6, clear solar blanket

15. Back To Top    #15

Not yet. Came close when the pole decided to bend on me once.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

16. Back To Top    #16

Almost went in this week. Leaning over to get the solar cover straightened... just caught myself in push up formation over the corner of the pool. I had thoughts of me wrapping into the pool cover like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons