Waiting for sand

carof77

May 25, 2016
Vermont
Hey everybody!

my pool finally got here. I'm ready to go except I'm still waiting for sand for my sand filter. Ordered it thru ace hardware online but it can take up to 7 days to get here. I'm thinking it's not going to get here this week. Can I still fill the pool and not run the filter?

i found some quickcrete at my local hardware store but I read too many bad reviews to buy some.

so what do I do? I live in northern Vermont and we are expecting rain everyday next week, i'd rather have my pool set up earlier then later.

help!

You can set it up and run it on recirculate (or filter, for that matter) and get the chemistry dialed in while you wait. You can even swim in it. It might get cloudy since no dirt or dead skin cells or whatever else gets in there will be filtered out, but as long as you maintain the right FC, no one will catch anything and die from it. It's just not aesthetically pleasing.

What if I ran the cheap cartridge pool filter( that came with the pool) in the mean time? Would it be complicated to switch to the sand filter afterwards?
If they have the same threads, it's just a matter of switching a couple hoses and the plug.

I wouldn't bother with the cartridge filter. The water will be too cold to get in for a couple days anyway. Get it all hooked up and filled and circulating and balanced. Adding the sand shouldn't be but about twenty minutes' work whenever it arrives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.