Hello from Arizona

Yabruf

May 29, 2016
Gilbert/AZ
What's up. I'm Jason living in Arizona and we have been in our current house for just over 3 years. I am tired of struggling through another summer of caravanning to the local public pool and dealing with the excess chlorine and people.

So after a few weeks of pool estimates and ironing out what exactly it is we want, we finally signed the contract yesterday on our new pool!

Specs below:

Geometric design:
Gallons:19,111
Size: 32'x19'6"x9'
Depths:3'6"x5'x8'
Perimeter: 100
Area: 467 Sq. ft.

Equipment:
Eco Skim Venturi powered skimmer
Pentair 420 sq. ft. cartridge filter and pump upgraded to DE quad filter.
Pentair intelli flo auto pilot digital SWG
Ozone w/instant frog mineral pack
x2 therapy jets in bench.
A&A in floor cleaning system w/venture heads.

Pool interior:
Ultra Poz plaster

Landscape:
3' sheer descent water feature.
x2 Wok water features.
256 sq. ft. of travertine paver deck w/ drain sleeve.

Dig will start in about 2 weeks. I will post progress pics but should I start a new thread for that or post it here?

Thanks,
Jason

Welcome to TFP Jason :)

The only thing I see is refuse the ozone and the pool frog, you never want metals in your pool and you have plenty of ozone from the sun in AZ..

another thing is the in floor cleaning... this is tricky, some people love them, some people hate them... they are great until they die and they are a royal pain to get fixed... most people are just using a robot for cleaning now, just wanted to let you know so you can do more research on these things for yourself..

https://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=www.troublefreepool.com&q=metal+sequester&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&gws_rd=ssl#tbs=qdr:y&q=A%26A+in+floor+cleaning+system+site:www.troublefreepool.com

other than that your good.. :)

I have two A&A rotating pop-ups and 6 wall jets and they keep my pool clean-looking. I can always grab the brush and kick up some dust from the bottom. I have a 12x25 pool and didn't want a robot and hose taking up pool space. I think with larger pools, you would have trouble getting enough water pressure from the floor to really kick up the dust, plus if you do need to brush...that's a lot of brushing, so a robo vac might make sense there.

I took my ozone out of the system, and it is sitting on my wall, unpowered. If you are going to buy in to TFP, just take the Ozone and Frog system money and invest that money in the TFT 100 test kit.