Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Arizona

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Arizona

What's up. I'm Jason living in Arizona and we have been in our current house for just over 3 years. I am tired of struggling through another summer of caravanning to the local public pool and dealing with the excess chlorine and people.

So after a few weeks of pool estimates and ironing out what exactly it is we want, we finally signed the contract yesterday on our new pool!

Specs below:

Geometric design:
    Size: 32'x19'6"x9'
    Perimeter: 100
    Area: 467 Sq. ft.

Eco Skim Venturi powered skimmer
    Pentair 420 sq. ft. cartridge filter and pump upgraded to DE quad filter.
    Pentair intelli flo auto pilot digital SWG
    Ozone w/instant frog mineral pack
    x2 therapy jets in bench.
    A&A in floor cleaning system w/venture heads.

Pool interior:
    Ultra Poz plaster

3' sheer descent water feature.
    x2 Wok water features.
    256 sq. ft. of travertine paver deck w/ drain sleeve.

Dig will start in about 2 weeks. I will post progress pics but should I start a new thread for that or post it here?

20K gallon IG Ultra Poz plaster, AutoPilot SWG.
    DE Quad filter, Pentair pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Hello from Arizona

Welcome to TFP Jason

The only thing I see is refuse the ozone and the pool frog, you never want metals in your pool and you have plenty of ozone from the sun in AZ..

another thing is the in floor cleaning... this is tricky, some people love them, some people hate them... they are great until they die and they are a royal pain to get fixed... most people are just using a robot for cleaning now, just wanted to let you know so you can do more research on these things for yourself..

other than that your good..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Before getting a mineral pack and putting copper in your pool read these,
    Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains
    Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!
    Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Buckeye AZ

I have two A&A rotating pop-ups and 6 wall jets and they keep my pool clean-looking. I can always grab the brush and kick up some dust from the bottom. I have a 12x25 pool and didn't want a robot and hose taking up pool space. I think with larger pools, you would have trouble getting enough water pressure from the floor to really kick up the dust, plus if you do need to brush...that's a lot of brushing, so a robo vac might make sense there.

I took my ozone out of the system, and it is sitting on my wall, unpowered. If you are going to buy in to TFP, just take the Ozone and Frog system money and invest that money in the TFT 100 test kit.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir