Pool questions

1CrAzYsUmMeR

Silver Supporter
May 31, 2016
N.E. Oh
New house ,new pool. Removed mesh safety cover to see dark green pool. More concerned with the sagging liner and if I can fix or just replace. Checking rest of equipment. Was closed by a local company but don't believe any chemicals added. Set filter to waste, primed pump and removed water level from over skimmer 1in to half way. Can't see bottom,don't believe there is a main drain from dragging net on bottom. Waste went fine. Tried recirculation , water came out of heater, tightened unions, still seems like lots of pressure builds in it and also drips out. Water also shot out of unhooked up slide water supply.Getting heat exchanger fixed is not a problem with awesome local rad shop. My first question is about the valving and how it works, I thought I had it figured out a bit but, I also love craft beer.. Do I maybe have the valve moved wrong and actually just blew up the heater or are the returns blocked. As a newb , how does the site prefer photos, attached to page or through another host site and which. Been a bit since I've used a forum. Thanks in advance.

K just became a silver level supporter! love forums and all the direct help. will be getting the tf kit xl when in stock, also was having problems with every link i tried on an android phone, to the kits. would not scroll down to look at kit options to order or anything.

No worries Richard320, i believe so, 2 returns had plugs removed em and put eyeballs in. gauge and cap as well as 2 screw caps for pump were removed and placed in pump basket, installed all and fired up with pump full of water. all was fine with sand filter set to waste. Gauge went to 20 small cracks above and below gauge inlet bit of water spewed out not much , slowed with pump speed. came out just fine. read forum a bit decided to try recirc. water came out unions to heater , tightened them and it seems like its building to much pressure, comes out somewhere in heater, and i have assistant shut down breaker. was also shooting out unhooked up slide , have since found and hooked it up.

I just went there via the link above on my android tab and it works fine.

Lots of people can't, won't or don't want to click out of the forum to look at a pic. If you copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post it will embed the pic in your thread like this and everyone can see it.

20160602_195152.jpg

K I'll post em like that, but the Android phone was not working with the test kit ordering is what I meant. Won't navigate page correctly.
So any thoughts on the function of valves and and would a hairline fracture under filter gauge leaking water give false pressure reads. Thanks all

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know with our pool up north, the IG, the second deer that took a dip slashed the liner so it was a complete drain and new liner installation. Upon replacement, still in the same season, the liner sagged. Heat Gun and shims got us back in the groove. We did drain a bit of the water off and I remember Granddad waited for the hottest day to fix it, I am guessing so Mother Nature's heat could assist with the liner pliability. At the time he was looking for a temporary fix to get us through until we were ready to close and then was going to have it redone, because insurance covered the liner and install. It never came to that though because once he fixed it, it held and it wasn't an eyesore ~ I could see it if I got right up and looked in the coping, but it was unnoticeable unless you were rubbernecking real close to it from inside the pool. This was a long time ago and I don't know what would be proper today, but I know 35 years ago this technique worked. From looking at your picture I would think if you don't do something the liner is going to continue to separate, especially with your climate. Each sag is probably going to have to worked it's own unique way depending on how much "play" you have in each area. I would definitely try and save it. Hopefully someone can chime in with a tried and true method but if not and you end up figuring out the equipment I would give what my Grandfather successfully managed, it's worth a shot.

Best of luck to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.