Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool questions

New house ,new pool. Removed mesh safety cover to see dark green pool. More concerned with the sagging liner and if I can fix or just replace. Checking rest of equipment. Was closed by a local company but don't believe any chemicals added. Set filter to waste, primed pump and removed water level from over skimmer 1in to half way. Can't see bottom,don't believe there is a main drain from dragging net on bottom. Waste went fine. Tried recirculation , water came out of heater, tightened unions, still seems like lots of pressure builds in it and also drips out. Water also shot out of unhooked up slide water supply.Getting heat exchanger fixed is not a problem with awesome local rad shop. My first question is about the valving and how it works, I thought I had it figured out a bit but, I also love craft beer.. Do I maybe have the valve moved wrong and actually just blew up the heater or are the returns blocked. As a newb , how does the site prefer photos, attached to page or through another host site and which. Been a bit since I've used a forum. Thanks in advance.
    33k, IG vinyl, Hayward S210T sand, 1 hp super pump, H250 heat, Tigershark QC robot, slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool questions

Welcome!

Not to insult you in any way, but did you remove all the winterising plugs in your plumbing? It's unlikely the heater would blow before a rubber expansion plug, but stranger things have happened.

As a free member, you get very limited picture space. You can get more by becoming a supporter, or just direct link to another site. Posting Photo's Tutorial
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

K just became a silver level supporter! love forums and all the direct help. will be getting the tf kit xl when in stock, also was having problems with every link i tried on an android phone, to the kits. would not scroll down to look at kit options to order or anything.

No worries Richard320, i believe so, 2 returns had plugs removed em and put eyeballs in. gauge and cap as well as 2 screw caps for pump were removed and placed in pump basket, installed all and fired up with pump full of water. all was fine with sand filter set to waste. Gauge went to 20 small cracks above and below gauge inlet bit of water spewed out not much , slowed with pump speed. came out just fine. read forum a bit decided to try recirc. water came out unions to heater , tightened them and it seems like its building to much pressure, comes out somewhere in heater, and i have assistant shut down breaker. was also shooting out unhooked up slide , have since found and hooked it up.
    33k, IG vinyl, Hayward S210T sand, 1 hp super pump, H250 heat, Tigershark QC robot, slide

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! And thanks for supporting TFP!

Order the TF100 from TFTestkits.net. It will ship same day. And you will get a discount for becoming a supporter!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

having problems with ordering tf kit the links start then the page wont scroll down for me..
    well heres a few pics of whats goin on. im concerned with the valve settings and figuring out equipment more than chem atm.
    Pool 2016 by Shane Harmon | Photobucket

6. Back To Top    #6

I just tried the site too and also found that I could not navigate well or scroll on my phone.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes was on an android phone, seems to be working with the lappy but have limited time on it. Will order test kit tomorrow. So i think the above link works , photobucket was crashing bunch as well.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

First report of it. I'll see if they have altered something. May not get tech support 'til tomorrow AM
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

I just went there via the link above on my android tab and it works fine.

Lots of people can't, won't or don't want to click out of the forum to look at a pic. If you copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post it will embed the pic in your thread like this and everyone can see it.

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

K I'll post em like that, but the Android phone was not working with the test kit ordering is what I meant. Won't navigate page correctly.
    So any thoughts on the function of valves and and would a hairline fracture under filter gauge leaking water give false pressure reads. Thanks all

11. Back To Top    #11

I looked at the tftestkits.net site this morning and no longer get the dysfunctional mobile page. The main site should work I think.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Here's a pic if sagging liner..about 20 spots like this around pool. Look fixable? Still trying to figure out valve function

13. Back To Top    #13

That seems like you should be able to get the liner reset.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

Welcome to TFP. Good to have you aboard.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

15. Back To Top    #15

I know with our pool up north, the IG, the second deer that took a dip slashed the liner so it was a complete drain and new liner installation. Upon replacement, still in the same season, the liner sagged. Heat Gun and shims got us back in the groove. We did drain a bit of the water off and I remember Granddad waited for the hottest day to fix it, I am guessing so Mother Nature's heat could assist with the liner pliability. At the time he was looking for a temporary fix to get us through until we were ready to close and then was going to have it redone, because insurance covered the liner and install. It never came to that though because once he fixed it, it held and it wasn't an eyesore ~ I could see it if I got right up and looked in the coping, but it was unnoticeable unless you were rubbernecking real close to it from inside the pool. This was a long time ago and I don't know what would be proper today, but I know 35 years ago this technique worked. From looking at your picture I would think if you don't do something the liner is going to continue to separate, especially with your climate. Each sag is probably going to have to worked it's own unique way depending on how much "play" you have in each area. I would definitely try and save it. Hopefully someone can chime in with a tried and true method but if not and you end up figuring out the equipment I would give what my Grandfather successfully managed, it's worth a shot.

Best of luck to you.
    AGP: 27' x 52" : 17,500 gallon
    300 lb. Sand Filter (75 gpm) / 1.5 hp pump
    Full Sun ~ All Day