Mustard Algae?

Ok, I opened pool and it was green this year. So I changed sand in filter and did the SLAM to clear pool. It took about 8 days. It passed the over night test, water was clear, and CC was 0. Now water is still crystal clear. The problem I am having is when I clean pool the next day or so I start to see what looks like dirt on bottom of pool. When I brush pool it looks like it just poofs up and disappears. I brush pool, and vacuum bottom, but it comes back. I am at wits end trying to get rid of this dirt or algae. Any help would be appreciated.

FC: 5
PH: 7.4
TA: 80
CYA: 70
SALT: 320

I doubt it's MA since MA typically lives on the side or bottom areas where there is shade. If you are able to pass an OCLT it probably isn't regular algae either. So perhaps what you have there is simply dust/dirt (or pollen) blowing-in from around your area. How does everything else around your property look? Any stuff settling on cars, patios, etc? Is your filter pressure changing excessively quick? Algae will do that as well. Do you use a skimmer sock on the poolside skimmer(s)?

Very possible that's just dirt from the area. If it was algae, you would not pass your OCLT. You might want to try some skimmer socks. Old nylons or 1 gal paint strainer netting over the skimmer. They also sell them on Amazon I believe and they catch a lot of junk before it goes to the filter. Also, try dropping a couple ping pong balls on the water and see how well your circulation is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.