My new old pool.

Moe

Jun 1, 2016
Mcqueeney
Been creeping these forums a bit over the last couple of months. Finally bought my first ever home and the pool is a wreck and I'm not sure where to start. I DIY as much as possible and would love some advice like a recommended order of operations. I must save this pool. It is now my mission in life. any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

0-apool.jpg

0-apoolB.jpg

0-apoolStrainer.jpg

1-thesetup%20A.jpg

2-Thesetup%20B%20.jpg

3-%20thesetup%20C.jpg

4-%20Motor.jpg

5-%20Sand%20Filter.jpg

6-%20chlorine%20feeder.jpg

7-%20Pumptank.jpg

8-%20pumptankb.jpg

pipesout.jpg

pipesoutB.jpg

Wow :shock:

Well, that smaller pump with the rotten tank, I think goes to a pressure side cleaner.

I see a probable drain and some rust stain removal attempts...

First order of business is to order a proper test kit.

Second is to get some water in that mess up to the middle of the skimmer and see if it holds and then try the pump.

If it holds water and circulates, then you get to figure out what valve goes where and what's leaking and all the rest.

Once your inventory is complete, then prioritize things. Circulation and filtration are first. Then if you're going to work on the rust, then you want to do that before you drain, so whatever ends up in the water gets flushed out. If an acid wash is called for, that gets done when it's empty.

Welcome to TFP! In addition to Richard's comments, you should update your signature with as many details as you can figure out. You can estimate the volume of your pool with a pool volume calculator. Also, update your location with your state or Province.

Oh, and the Sears Hydro Glass pump and tank is probably a shallow well jet pump. So that is a source of ground water to fill the pool. The rusted tank is a problem because it's a pressure vessel and could fail catastrophically. If it is in fact a well pump, then don't use it until the pressure tank is replaced.

Looked again at the photo and I see the bladder in the bottom...It has already failed catastrophically!:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.