Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Building a Pool from 3000 miles away

1. Back To Top    #1

Miami, Florida

Building a Pool from 3000 miles away

Hi Everyone!

We are building a vacation home and pool in the Cayman Islands. Pool construction will begin in a couple of months. I've got a lot to learn from the folks on this site and some key construction questions.

Never owned a pool before, so I don't know much about how they work, maintenance requirements, energy saving tips and quality construction tips.

All I can think about at this point is the lovely margaritas I will sip on the deck once it is done!

Northern Lights
    IG Fiberglass pool, SunPools Montego Bay 11x26 with 8' round spill spa. New construction project. Pool and supplies purchased in US, pool to be installed in Cayman Islands.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Building a Pool from 3000 miles away

HI! Love having another FL person here! It is going to be hard to build at a distance unless you can find a PB you trust. Hopefully they will also take pics and share them with you and us!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: Building a Pool from 3000 miles away

Welcome! Be sure to start a construction thread so can watch!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter