Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anybody know the difference between 2011 & 2012 Intex Ultra Frame pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anybody know the difference between 2011 & 2012 Intex Ultra Frame pools?

My Intex pool was purchased in 2011.

I have two horizontal beams which are rusted to a point where they need to be replaced.

They have already discontinued the part number, which seems odd for a 4 year old pool, especially one that had so many complaints about rusting out. Also, they use the same picture for the different part numbers, 10980 (http://www.intexdevelopment.com/supp.../productdetail) and 11451 (Horizontal Beam For Round Ultra Frame Pool (Manufacture Date Of 2012 And After) - Replacement Parts - Above Ground Pools - Store - Intex)

I've called them and they said it wouldn't fit, which is what you'd expect them to say.)

I need to find out if the 2012 and above support beams will work. Does anybody know what the differences are?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anybody know the difference between 2011 & 2012 Intex Ultra Frame pools?

I read something about this a few weeks ago. Don't ask me to find it -- you can use google as well as I.

I think the shape of the pipes has changed.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

They are different and I can't remember what it was specifically but in my experience 2011 and 2012 don't go together. I had a 2012 ultra frame and a few of the Ts and top rail pieces broke so I reordered on their website and accidentally chose the 2011 pieces, and they didn't work.
    Sharkline 24' round 54" aluminum AG pool. Waterway 2HP 125sq ft. cartridge filter. Using k-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the pics!