Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I thought I was dealing with algae. Not sure substance on bottom of pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

I thought I was dealing with algae. Not sure substance on bottom of pool.

My pool had blk looking substance on the bottom I vacuum it out with cordless vac. Pool was crystal clear. turned filter off for a day nothing on bottom of pool. When I turn filter back on within a hour substance back on bottom of pool. Can this be a cracked finger or what I was being told if it was algae it would have settled when I turned the filter off. Help pleaseee.
    My pool is 28 ft above ground round. Hayward pump/filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I thought I was dealing with algae. Not sure substance on bottom of pool.

Take a picture of what you vacuumed out?
    30000 gal inground vinyl liner;sand filter w/glass media, nuvo uv, TF-100 test kit; 25 years on Baquacil, converted to TFP chlorine in 2016

3. Back To Top    #3

It could be just dirt?

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Turn off pump for an hour. Hold sock over return while someone turns on the pump. If you get sand, you know where it is coming from.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!