Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help!! Just getting started

1. Back To Top    #1

Ramona ca

Help!! Just getting started

We just bought our first Intex 16x48 pool. We've read up on a lot of information about prepping the area to start. Just need some avice about what is best. Do we use sand vs dirt to level and soften the bottom? Do we need concrete stones for the frame? We also ordered a salt water system. Can we leave it up year round?
    We live in San Diego, Ca.

I have more questions but let's just begin with this. Thanks a lot

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Central Valley CA

Re: Help!! Just getting started

Welcome to the forum

I will let others chime in about over all ground prep but I will say this I saw a thread not too long ago where someone used 1 inch concrete step stones for the frame support poles and the weight of the water wight snapped them in half so go with thick pavers and be sure the ground under the pavers is compacted as it can be.

I don't see any reason you can't keep it up year round especially down south.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, built Oct 2015, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, 10GPDStenner for chlorine, 3GPD Stenner for MA, TF-100.