Ph Slightly Low

Jun 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay, pool is fully up and running and I must say thanks to Texas Splash for the initial instruction.

Here are my results as of last night:

FC - 4
CC - 0
CYA - 30
TA - 120
Ph - 7.4

I have 2 questions:
1) Will the CYA fluctuate and need to be adjusted periodically?
2) Should I be increasing the Ph slightly to get up to about 7.6?

AGain, thank you to everyone for the assistance. Let me assure anyone out there that the initial water testing can seem difficult but it is so ridiculously easy once you do it a few times.

Thanks for the comments. :) CYA will not rise unless you want it to or add a stabilizer product. :) It will drop when there is a significant amount of water exchange due ot heavy rains, lots of backwashing, or lots of splashout. A little gets used each month (about 3-5 ppm). So it's good to check it every so often just to make sure you have good protection to the pool and FC from the sun. As for your pH, it is slightly low sure, but should be okay and rise fairly quickly because of the elevated TA and aeration caused by swimming and such.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, just give us a shout. Have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.