Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New spider gasket? Or entire valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Raymore, MO

New spider gasket? Or entire valve

I've noticed recently that I have water coming out of the backwash port while my filter is set to filter. Not a lot, but enough to be concerned for sure. In the last couple weeks I've noticed the handle being harder than normal to turn. And the handle has a lot of play in each position. As if it's not locked in all the way. From what I've read, it could be the spider gasket, or a new multiport valve assembly. I need advice on what to do, as I want to make it right without just throwing parts and money at it. I haven't had time to take it apart yet, but I did put a ball valve on the end of the backwash port so I can still run the pump without losing water.
    30' x 4.5' round vinyl. 23,800 gals
    Waterway hi-flo 1.5 hp pump
    Eco-Kleer 26" sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

kingston springs, tn

Re: New spider gasket? Or entire valve

Just replaced my spider gasket last night on a Pentair SM 10-3 valve. Bought the gasket off eBay for $8.99

If yours is anything like mine "Piece of cake". Very much easier than I anticipated.

Link to my thread Pentair Triton II TR-60 Side mount multi port 1.5 spider gasket
    18x36 IG vinyl 18,000 gal, Hayward super pump 1hp - 1.5" pipe, Pentair Triton TR-60 sand, Pentair Itellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Intellibrite 5G 12v color LED light, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward Booster pump, Intermatic Power / Timers.