Aqualuminator

Apr 14, 2016
Laurel, Mississippi
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have installed the aqualuminator for my pool but I am getting slightly confused about the process of electrical installation for permanent pools. Has anyone cut the cords and installed it that way that may can show pictures or explain more in depth what I am needing to do?

The system has something to be desired...however I just finished it Monday and it came out fine. I removed the wire from the light as well as the cap with the little plastic holder thing bending the wire about 90 degrees. I fed that wire through a conduit as I am burying the pool 28 inches. I left that wire full length as there was only a foot or so left. Then I did as instructed and spliced the plug wire in the box. It sits next to my outlet however the plug itself does not fit in the all weather cover (in use) so I removed the plug and replaced it. I can show pics if you would like...

Here is the light at the pool side. I had to remove the cover and feed the wire through the conduit (it popped out here).

27403194755_88a7958280_b.jpg

Here is the run...about 10 feet.

27369420826_dbdac5f84d_b.jpg

Here it is at the box with new plug. The box is hot (light will plug in here eventually) and will out to an Intermatic timer to another identical box for the pump and SWG.

27403107975_4f6659aeb8_b.jpg

Ok that helps tremendously and was very happy to hear that I wasn't the only one that thought the instructions were confusing. One last question Tom, Did you do any kind of electrical connections in the box under the transformer? If so, what did you do?

Only the plug wire shortened and connected with wire nuts. I would have just shortened it at the plug had I checked whether the plug would fit first...but I'm not that smart. The foam gasket they gave me was about a centimeter to long on one side so I had to shorten it with a razor on the bottom side. Don't understand why you can't shorten the other wire in the box, but I'm no electrical engineer either. It came with two new wire connectors so I assume you remove the wire at the light, shorten, add connectors, and reinstall cap. I looked at it and did not want to mess with that end since it looked tight and was bound to get wet. If I was determined I would put an outdoor junction box and shorten it there but I think I will wait till the timer and other plug is installed to decide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea I have it installed using as a return and love the flow that it is giving just hadn't hooked up the electrical to it yet. Everything I could find about the light had really good things to say. I am just ready to get it connected. Looks like rain here all weekend to maybe next week.

I like the way the flow comes out 90 degrees to the pool wall. I looked back at your pictures and really like the gate valves you installed. Really well thought out layout. And I'm gonna have to run the wires to the light thru the hole in the bottom. Never knew what it was for. Filter installer put the light in and the skimmer.

Just wanted to say thanks again. I got my aqualuminator wired up this past weekend. I removed the cable from the light assembly and ran it through the conduit and cut the excess cord off and reterminated the cable. I then spliced the plug connection in the box and plugged it in. Much easier than the directions were making it out to be. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.