Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool SLAM Overnight Loss

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool SLAM Overnight Loss

I am in the process of SLAMing my pool. The overnight loss into this morning was 1.5 ppm. This is probably a dumb question, but is that close enough? If it's imperative that it's 1.0 or less, I will continue adding bleach. I just wanted to check first. My pool water looks perfect. There is no discoloration or algae visible.
    Inground Pool - 35,000 gallons - SWG (Nature2 - FUSIONSOFT1400) - Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool SLAM Overnight Loss

Close enough is zero with a tolerance of zero.

1.5 ppm is a loss.

Sorry man, keep going. Algae does not have to be visible to be present. It could be hiding somewhere.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Short and to the point, continue on with the SLAM.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! I'll keep SLAMing.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Close enough is zero with a tolerance of zero.
    I'm stealing this for my sigline.
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm glad that I didn't stop SLAMing. I came home today, and my FC dropped from 20 to 10. I am surprised to see such a large drop. Is this normal? The drop yesterday was only 5 ppm. I'm not able to add chlorine throughout the day, as I'm not home.
    Inground Pool - 35,000 gallons - SWG (Nature2 - FUSIONSOFT1400) - Cartridge Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

We need test numbers, if there is very little CYA then you could lose most of the FC during the day.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process