Well I have been battling algae now for a week and a half. I took the water to be tested at the local pool store. They said the water was corrosive. It has not been open for about 2 years. (Just moved in January) the readings were: From what I could remember
FC - 0
TA - was low
Ph- was low
They told me to put in 2 jugs of Total Alkalinity and to put in Ph Increaser and add 2lbs of granular chlorine (They call it shock)
I ordered the K-2006 test kit it should be here monday. What can I do in the mean time? I will go to the pool store to test water today and post the most current readings. If you need any other information please let me know.