Issue with leak on new Inlet

Newerabs

Jul 22, 2015
Eaton Rapids
I bought a 18 x 48 Summer Escapes pool from Walmart last month and I also bought an Intex 3,000 GPH Sand filter and pump. I have finally gotten it all setup and working. I also bought an Intex 1.5 inch large pool Inlet and I had to cut a large hole in the liner for it to fit. I cut the hole perfectly and installed the Inlet but now it seems to be leaking on the bottom and also the connection of the hose to the inlet is leaking. I'm attaching some pictures so you can see. I'm not sure what else to do... I've put plumbers tape on the end of the inlet and it does not seem to fix the leaking. You can see in the picture that the weight of the hose is causing the inlet to bend a little and I'm guessing that's causing my Inlet leak.

I also have another question. I'm curious how I should hook up my pool vacuum to my skimmer. I'll also attach a picture of that. The hose I have is too big to fit and I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue with the Summer Escape skimmer.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Leaks are nightmares fore me. Is there any way you can use pvc n get rid of the flimsy hoses? That's what most people do.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I had the same problem with the leakage between the fitting and the pool myself. The pool was given to me with no pump. We bought a new one, but the old one that was one there had bigger fittings. The hole was stretched out some. The only solution I could find was putting a patch over the hole and cutting a smaller hole for the fitting. It's only been a couple days, but isn't leaking right now. Was told to try a bigger gasket, but that didn't help.

It appears that the leak is coming in between the pool and the fitting? Is that correct? If it is, do you have the gasket (Large flat black circle rubber gasket) on correctly? The gasket should be on the inside of the pool. The pool hose weight pulling down should not be an issue unless it is severe.

What kind of patch did you use?

- - - Updated - - -

It appears that the leak is coming in between the pool and the fitting? Is that correct? If it is, do you have the gasket (Large flat black circle rubber gasket) on correctly? The gasket should be on the inside of the pool. The pool hose weight pulling down should not be an issue unless it is severe.

I do have it on the inside. Maybe I don't have it on tight enough?

What kind of patch did you use?

- - - Updated - - -

I do have it on the inside. Maybe I don't have it on tight enough?

Mine have rubber gaskets on both the inside and outside. The outside also has a smaller cardboard gasket which allows you to turn the nut easier to tighten. I would verify you have both, if you don't, get another one for the outside and tighten well.

I would do what synergy has suggested before what I did. I just used a vinyl pool repair kit, measured how much I needed, made sure I did way too much, cut a hole in the patch the size of the gasket and glued the patch over the hole. I didn't actually patch the hole. It was just to cover the small space in between the fitting and pool. And I did it on the inside and not outside of the pool.

Cardboard gasket? I'm not sure I'm familiar with that. Can I buy that?

HD or Lowe's should have them. Check in the sink section. Kitchen sinks come with the same setup. Rubber gasket, cardboard gasket, nut.

You could probably make one but you don't necessarily need one, it only assists in turning the nut while it is backed up tight against the rubber gasket. They aren't much thicker than a sheet of paper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.