1st Time Opening yesterday-question

Jul 17, 2015
Middletown, DE
Hello all, I'm opening for the 1st time, got mostly done yesterday but haven't fired it up yet. 2 quick questions.

In the Skimmers, I removed the plugs and the antifreeze gizmos. I'm left with two openings, Should there be a cover over the one the gizmo was removed from? I had the pool professionally closed last year, and don't see any spare parts matching that.

2nd question, looks like my return inlets are push ins, any tricks to get those suckers in? Figure maybe easier once I'm in the pool.

Thanks for any help.

Hello Mike! For your skimmers, it they are the kind with 2 holes in it, there are two possibilities. One is that both holes are left open and there is no plug because one hole goes to the pump, and the other hole either to the main drain. In addition, some skimmers like that have a "diverter" - kind of a flying saucer-type looking object that diverts water more from one hole than the other. But yours may not have had that. The other scenario is that one hole might just be plugged underneath (never used). As for the return jets being push-ins, I'm not sure. Any chance they protrude out and there's a ring or cover that is supposed to go around them? Maybe someone else knows more about that specific type or return. Sorry I can't help you on that one. Have a nice day Mike.

Thanks! The second hole seems to be plugged. I'll try these return jets one more time and if no luck I'll snap a picture to explain better. They do have a ring and cover, but do not appear to screw in. and based on the nicks in them from removal I'd assume they push in and were forced out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.