hello! for weeks now, my chemicals have been pretty much on point despite the few days where installed my solar cover and i added the same percentage of chlorine as i do any other day. it jumped up from 6ppmto 12.5 so i backed off of chlorine for 2 days with the temp of 81 and it brought it back down to 4.5 ppm which is usually my daily results after the hotness. this weekend ill be having a pool party and ive got my ph stable by adding acid. my ta is now lowered from 130 to 110 but my question is, where do i want to be with chlorine on sat which is the day of the party? should i go from 6ppm to 8?

Nice work on your numbers! Yes, the solar cocer can reduce your FC consumption quite a bit. I like to go 3 or 4 ppm above target for my CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart. If you've got a bunch of kids do a mandatory potty break at some point and recheck. It is safe to swim up to shock level for your CYA.

really? see this is new info to me because i thought you were suppose to wait until it was under but that's just want i saw in another formula weeks back. i could def shock it after the pool part but either way, id def like to bring the fc chlorine up a little. after removing the cover and allowing others to swim, i realized there was a high chlorine smell which is what lead me to test the 12.5. it could also mean others were peeing so im glad you mentioned that! thanks for the quick advice.

ah okay, that makes sense now! i actually tested for cc and i had a little(not sure of number now) but it was very low. two days later i tested again and i have none.

- - - Updated - - -

first year with tfp but im must admit its bee one of the easiest summers. i begin telling others about the system we use and they have quickly discovered they have been doing it all wrong. some actually had pools that were green and was happy for letting their kids swim so, that's when i decide to open up and express our system.

Were so glad TFP has been working so well for you. Maybe you could help us continue to help other like you by donoting to help keep our forum in tip top shape. You can click on the top left button of the page Become a Supporter.

I always bump my FC when I have a lot of people over. It keeps everything in check n always drops to my target when the party is over n the pool still looks amazing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.