Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Foam padding installation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Foam padding installation question

Good day all,

I will be putting up a 22' round Coleman pool soon. I have started ground prep and already have my rigid insulation. I have noted that it needs to be taped together which makes plenty of sense. But do you need to tape both sides? Meaning the top and bottom, and if so how on earth do you flip it over when one side is finished being taped?

It seems to me that taping both sides will insure the sheets stay in place better, but maybe this isn't necessary. Anyone who can provide some first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Foam padding installation question

Welcome to TFP

I taped 1 side using gorilla extra strength and thick tape, using 3 pieces on each line.. 1 down the middle then 1 on each side of that piece.. connecting 2 sheets together then flipping over and doing the same thing on the other side.

Then I placed the pads where they were going then taping everything the same way but only on the top side.. Sorry this is the only pic I have but you can see how I connected them together

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I used gorilla tape on the top side only. About three strips per seam, one strip overlapping the other (not three strips stacked on top of each other) I Have Had no Issues With Mine So far...This Will Be Our 4th summer!
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the quick responses and information. Just want to make sure I get this right the first time around. Wish my pool was getting here a few days earlier. It's supposed to be 100 degrees this weekend.